Veteran Affairs

USA VeteransHours:
Monday - Friday
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.


Josh H. Hauser

Director of Veteran Affairs


Denise Lloyd

Veteran Affairs Representative


200 South Center Street
Ebensburg, PA 15931

(814) 472-1590

(814) 472-1423

The Cambria County Veterans' Affairs Office strives to provide courteous, efficient and professional services to the County's veterans, veterans' spouses and veterans' families.

Services Provided:
  • Advise, assist and counsel veterans and their families in the process necessary to obtain veterans' benefits
  • Assist veterans, veterans' widows or dependants in providing information, completing forms and documents when applying for benefits
  • Establish military /claims data files on all veterans coming into the office
  • Distribute death benefit claims for the county
  • Transmit records for the deceased veterans to the Bureau of Veterans Affairs, as required by the county code
  • Control and distribute U.S. flags and holders to various service organizations for placement on appropriate veteran's gravesites
  • To stay abreast on all new pending legislation for veterans
  • To keep the general public aware of the veteran's needs and sacrifices they made
  • Administer claims for the services connected to disabilities, pensions for veterans unable to work, medical care, home loan guarantees, burial benefits and death dependency, and indemnity compensation and death pension


How can a veteran enroll in the veteran's health care system and what is the cost of prescriptions?
Veterans must fill out a 10-10-EZ Form (which can be picked up at your county Veterans' Office) and supply an honorable discharge (DD-214).  Prescriptions are $8.00 for 30-day supply.
How can we get a discharge paper of a deceased veteran or for a veteran that has lost it?
A discharge may be obtained by checking with your local Veterans' Office (if the veteran has filed his discharge with the county), or one can be obtained by filling out a form SF180 to request a discharge from the national personnel records center.
What is a compensation claim?
This is a claim for an injury or disability that was incurred while the veteran was on active duty.
What is a veteran pension?
Veterans' pension is money received when a veteran cannot work because of a disability not incurred in the military service.
What is Veterans' Emergency Assistance?
This is assistance given to a veteran who has lost his job, has not worked for medical reasons, or has a loss of income (all within 180 days of filing the application for emergency assistance). To qualify, the vet- eran must have served in the armed forces during the time of war or have an expeditionary medal. The veteran must also produce an honorable discharge.
What is the phone number for the Federal Department of Veterans' Affairs?
The phone number is 1-800-827-1000.

Related Documents

1 object(s)