Monday - Friday
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Bob Kolar, Sheriff
200 South Center Street
Ebensburg, PA 15931
Find us on Facebook!
The Sheriff's Office consists of professional men and women who are empowered to defend the Constitution of the United States and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The office enforces all laws with fairness and diligence, while being committed to a strong partnership with all members of the community. The Sheriff's Office deems to maintain integrity, fairness, compassion and professionalism at all times.
- Provide court room security, which includes security for all witnesses, jurors and defendants
- Provide prisoner transports which often involve out-of-state as well as out-of-county travel
- Criminal arrests for bench warrants as a result from criminal or Domestic Relation arrests (This also includes processing and transporting to the appropriate prison.)
- Serving Protection from Abuse Orders (PFAs). This also includes securing and storage of weapons as well as protection for the victims and their families
- Service of various civil papers (For types of papers served and appropriate fees, refer to fee schedule to the right.)
- Real estate posting and service which ultimately may result in conducting Sheriff sales for personal property and real estate
- Tax Claim Postings - These are furnished in conjunction with the Tax Assessment Office and providing security for the appropriate judicial sales.
- Levy on personal property and conduct the appropriate Sheriff sales
- Issuance of gun permits
- Furnish license to sell firearms
- Provide precious metals licenses
|Precious Metals License
Gun Permit (5 years)
*We only accept check or money order.
CASH IS NOT ACCEPTED.