Children and Youth
Michelle Rager - Administrator
Central Park Complex
110 Franklin Street, Suite 400
Johnstown, PA 15901
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
*Emergency on call all other hours.
Human Services Building
401 Candlelight Drive, Suite 110
Ebensburg, PA 15931
The mission of the Children and Youth Services is to utilize existing resources in an effective and efficient manner in the identification, investigation and prevention of abuse and neglect of children in Cambria County. The agency believes the prevention of child abuse and neglect is a community responsibility and it is committed to provide services that are community-based and child and family-focused.
The agency is committed to developing programs and budgets which comply with the State of Pennsylvania, Department of Public Welfare and the Office of Children, Youth and Families' stated goals for all Children & Youth agencies:
Cambria County's Children & Youth Services is responsible for the investigation and intervention of alleged child abuse and/or neglect within the County. The services are provided to reasonably assure the safety and well being of the children in which it has contact with. The agency's responsibilities are designated by the PA Department of Public Welfare, Office of Children and Youth and Families.
- Prevent child abuse, neglect, and exploitation;
- Ensure all abused, neglected, or otherwise dependent children are protected from further abuse and neglect in their own or some other permanent home; and
- Provide for the well being of children during substitute care.
- Child Protective Services, General Protective Services, Placement Services and Adoption Services.
- The investigation of suspected child abuse/neglect which are reported to the County Agency.
- Ongoing case management services to children and families at risk for child abuse and/or neglect. Provide child and family supports through contracted service providers, including psychological evaluations, therapy, mentor services, homemaker services, parenting instruction and early intervention services.
- Placement services for children who have been determined unable to remain in their own homes.
- Provide services for family reunification (when possible) for children who have been removed from their own homes.
- Provide adoption and permanence services to those children who cannot return home.
- To provide information and referral services and public educational services related to child maltreatment, abuse and neglect issues.