Lisa Crynock, Prothonotary
Bernadette Sheehan, First Deputy
Roger D. McGill, Solicitor
200 South Center St.
Ebensburg, PA 15931
The word "Prothonotary" means first notary of the Court. The Prothonotary is the keeper of the civil records for the court system. The office is responsible for the creation, maintenance and certification of matters pending or determined by the Court. The office is also responsible for certain reporting and collection duties to state agencies. It is the commitment of this office to maintain up to date and accurate information on all civil proceedings within the jurisdiction of the Cambria County Court of Common Pleas. We strive to provide prompt and courteous service to the Court, attorneys and the public in the recording, maintenance and retrieval of all records placed in our care.
- Receives, files and dockets all original documents in civil matters including divorce, custody, protection from abuse, eminent domain, real estate liens and judgments and UCC filings
- Receives, files and dockets appeals from district justice judgments and landlord/ tenant actions, suspension of driver's license privileges and registration
- Receives and dockets appeals to the Superior and Commonwealth Courts of Pennsylvania
- Receives and processes passport applications
- Receives and processes financial audits of school districts
- Files appropriate reports and forms with the PA Department of Revenue and the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts
- Provide free public access to naturalization records from the early 1800's